Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How much cooking oil do i have to use to make the perfect french toast?

I don't use any butter or oil. I just put them right in the pan as they are.How much cooking oil do i have to use to make the perfect french toast?
I have to agree with the first post... butter makes everything better. Just ask Paula Deen!How much cooking oil do i have to use to make the perfect french toast?
I would just use butter. Use enough to coat the pan and if you have a non stick pan even better!! Have a great day.
no oil, just butter
Just a thin layer in the pan and hot. I do, however prefer to fry them with butter in the pan. I think they taste better. Just my opinion of course.
put a little on a napkin or paper towel to just wipe the pan with it...jsut be careful
Don't use oil, the french toast will taste weird. The traditional way is to use butter- just enough to keep the french toast from sticking to the pan. I highly suggest using challah for the bread; for the custard I use a couple of eggs whisked with heavy cream, a little orange juice, vanilla, and cinnamon.
A small pat of butter for each side, and no oil at all.
I would suggest using butter. In my pan can fit 2 pieces comfortably, generally about 1/2 tbsp. of butter. If you do this the pan needs to be cleaned out between each batch or the butter will burn. If you use about 1/4 tbsp. each butter and oil you might be able to bypass this step.
Uck......Use butter
YES YOU CAN BUT IT MIGHT TASTE A LITTLE TO FATTY AND OILY USE A CAP FUL OF OIL AND A TEA SPOON OF BUTTER I LOVE FRENCH TOAST HOPE I HELPED

No comments:

Post a Comment