Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can I substitute a saturated fat for cooking oil?

I'm out of cooking oil and I'm baking a carrot cak. Can I soften some butter or crisco as a substitute. I need 1c oil and I only have 1/3c.





Thanks!Can I substitute a saturated fat for cooking oil?
Yes


it is funny you discriminate on butter and crisco.


as if evil.Can I substitute a saturated fat for cooking oil?
You could use the oil you have and bring it up to quantity with butter. Many chefs mix oil and butter in their recipes to improve flavour.
Yes you can substitute but the amount would remain the same.
You could use the Crisco, but it going to affect the outcome. especially the texture.
you could, and it will add to the flavor





it also raises your cholesterol





don't buy crisco, and use organic butter sparingly, just a little for flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment