Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I run my diesel campervan on cooking oil ?

I am driving a 1994 Auto Trail Scout Six campervan.The engin is a mercedes 308D.Can I put cooking oil into the engin without converting it and will it run ok?Can I run my diesel campervan on cooking oil ?
80% summer to 20% diesel, down to 50% in winter, no problem!





(Using 50/50 in my Nissan - perfect!)





http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/fuel鈥?/a>Can I run my diesel campervan on cooking oil ?
My workmates running on fresh clean oil from supermarket in his 308 van





Says it takes a bit more than normally to start (cranking) and its runs better and quieter on oil





The odd time he puts a few quid off diesel in





He says in winter he will have to run on a 50 50 mix, but he has just got a new source of used oil from a pub





Its in his filter system now , and later this week he is going to fill it up .... no dilution





Everybody is using methonol as an additive.... but he isnt





He did say he was planning to put an extra pre heater filter within the line for winter





Hope this helps ??
yes as J G had said but only in a mix with the normal fuel not only cooking oil as then you will need to convert certain engine parts like the injectors.
Not the best idea, but having said that, these olders diesels will hack it where the new ones wont (not for very long anyway).
Mythbusters said you could with used cooking oil.
it will work if you strain it good ,but be warned if it gets cold your in trouble .
  • passions soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment