Saturday, December 26, 2009

How can I get a cooking oil stain out of a cotton shirt?

I didnt discover the stain until I had already washed and dried it.How can I get a cooking oil stain out of a cotton shirt?
Make a paste of baking soda and a liquid dish soap, such as Dawn. Apply it to the stained area and let it sit for 20 minutes or so. Launder as usual in the hottest water safe for the fabric.How can I get a cooking oil stain out of a cotton shirt?
Get some Simple Green. It's a spray cleaner that's available in hardware, automotive and some grocery and discount stores like Wal-Mart. Give the stain a good spray, let it lay for a good hour and wash. Might have to do this a couple of times.





The next best and it might work is Dawn dish detergent. It's a maybe but if you have it, try it and see.
I work in a restaurant and always am getting oil or grease on me. Sometimes I don't see it until it comes out of dryer. I am a firm believer in spray n wash. I have even bought things from yard sales and brought them home and used it on them and the stains come out.
I've also heard that Dawn works well. I haven't tried it yet. They use it on wildlife that gets covered in oil so that says alot :) I just bought that new oxyclean laundry spray and it works pretty well. It helps to let it sit overnight tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment