Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I get my diesel engine to burn cooking oil?

I have a Toyota truck , I live in Brazil and have access to used cooking oilHow do I get my diesel engine to burn cooking oil?
you have to sterle the cooking oil to make it run clean into the truck.. also replacing the tubes that transfer the gas into the engine so it is more easily moved and not end up clogging..How do I get my diesel engine to burn cooking oil?
I've got a diesel and I put cooking oil in it all the time...





in the back on the way home from shopping !





I guess it could work, but I'd think it would gunk up pretty good and before long... you'd be looking at an engine rebuild... there's no way known I would try it.
make shore to clean your vegie oil by, first heating it up to about 110 deg f then run through a pump with a 10 micron or better filter its the same as what your truck uses. if not the filter in your truck will plug up fast. also your engine will run longer with 99 percent less polution
sorry is this question for real ? I have never heard someone placing used cookng oil in their car , as engine oil is usually refined ? the lower quality you buy usually can leave sediments in your engine and cause build up ...so I am not sure why somene would want to place cooking oil in it
ok this is what ive heard i m not sure how it works but it might help, u have to filter the oil and put it in ur gas tank but i dont know i would asume u have to mix it w/ something flamable !
I use Bio diesel in my Passat TDI without having to do any modifications. To use straight cooking oil, you will have to modify the engine.


Just be careful, if your truck is still under warranty, modifying it will most likely void it.
Most people just put it right in the gas tank and it works. I'd never believe it if I didn't see it myself.
The people at Mythbusters tried this and they didn't have to do anything to get the engine to run, but we don't know if it caused any damage later to the engine. My guess is not very much though--do you have a trusted mechanic.
This is one of the best sites to learn what you need to do.


http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_ma鈥?/a>





or this one


http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/
I have it done on my diesel rabbit. I did it myself and it cost me about $350 us dollars. You basically need to add a second fuel system with seperate fuel lines %26amp; a seperate tank. A 5 to 7 gallon boat fuel tank will work just fine. You also need a switching valve like on a pickup truck with dual tanks. That is because you need shut the engine down on diesel %26amp; start it on diesel. The veg oil is too thick to fire when cold. start it on diesel, let it warm up and then switch to veg oil and go! I live in connecticut %26amp; it gets cold here, so i have a tank heater in my veg tank but you won't need that in brazil. I can usually go about 3500 miles on a tank of diesel, thats from starting %26amp; shutting down on diesel. All free fuel the rest of the time.
Used oil I'm not sure but clean oil would have to be filter first but hey talk to a mechanic and if its okay give it a try.
  • passions soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment