Friday, December 18, 2009

How do you remove old jelled cooking oil from a deep fryer?

I was given a deep fryer that had sat for almost three years with the oil left in it and have not been able to remove all of the old oil. I removed as much as I could but a sticky nasty residue remains. I have tried to clean it by putting Dawn in the cooker with water and letting it boil. It did not work. I also tried using vinegar and water but that did not work either.How do you remove old jelled cooking oil from a deep fryer?
Turn it on just long enough to warm (not hot) so that it starts to soften and liquefy. Unplug and wipe out with paper towels, then wash %26amp; dry as usual.How do you remove old jelled cooking oil from a deep fryer?
Try using a can of ';Fume Free Easy Off'; oven cleaner. test it on a small part of the fryer first to make sure that it doesn't hurt it.
Try using baking soda on a cloth.
  • passions soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment