Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cooking oil?

My kids love home made chips and crispy beef. I was wondering is there a less fat / good fat I could use ? ThanksCooking oil?
Peanut oil.





Really, the less an oil has been processed the healthier it is.





Hydrogenated means chemically altered. Go as close to the original source as possible.Cooking oil?
I use sunflower oil for all frying.
Extra Virgin Olive oil is best.You use so little,too.
,i use extra virgin olive oil because I'm told it gets rid of the bad fats that cause high cholesterol, but the trouble is we by stuff we think it's good and then we are told everything has changed what was good is now bad and what was bad is now good , sometimes i wonder if the government change things when sales go low on something , they tell us it's good so that we start to buy it , wouldn't put it past them
Olive oil and canola oil.
sun flower oil
olive oil is the most healthiest but cooking them in the oven is a healthier option but i havent read the full article yet but ive seen one stating sat fats may be good so great more confusion on what sright and whats not right to eat
There is no ';good'; fat for frying things. Smart Balance makes a ';healthier'; blend of oil, but still. I'd limit this stuff for your kids.
i use extra virgin olive oil like the spanish,italians use has it has good fats but i suggest you buy oven chips.
http://www.againandagain.co.uk/





That's what I use if I'm frying, you can get it at supermarkets.
My mum always uses sunflower oil because it much healthier than vegetable oil which is quite ironic. Try usin some kind of organic oil
olive oil is actually very good for you
1. less oil is actually more taste and health


2. ';oven fry'; instead of ';pan fry'; reduces the oily residue





I have experimented with slices my own potatoes and cooking them in different methods. As far as health and taste are concerned, I prefer baking in the oven (or BBQ on outdoor grill in summer ! ) On a tray I drizzle olive oil to coat the pan (extra virgin olive oil is actually less expensive compared to using a quart of cooking oil to fry)

No comments:

Post a Comment