Thursday, January 7, 2010

With the rising prices on everything from gas to cooking oil, what are some ways to save money?

everything is going up in price...i noticed at the store today that cooking oil went from $1.88 and is now $3.28.....with the growing price on everything, what are some ways that my family can save money?With the rising prices on everything from gas to cooking oil, what are some ways to save money?
You have to start thinking S-M-A-R-T. What kind of cutbacks can you make? For example: I drink bottled water. Now at $1 a bottle on something that covers over 65% of our planet is not smart. So I bought one of those water filters that screw into your faucet. I have bottles that I refil over and over again. I take them to work. Do you have a lot of small appliances around that house that are always on? I cut my electronic bill almost in half by unplugging all the clock radios and night lights. I also bought some of those florescent bulbs that look a lot like a regular bulb. These things use 80% less electricity than regular bulbs. You would be surprised, but these small things add up. I know I was spending money on the water filter and energy efficient bulbs but these things will pay for themselves in a month providing they pertain to you. If you really need the money right away start cutting back on your food costs. Romain noodles cost a dime and they taste just as good as campbells chicken noodle that costs $130 a can. Ok no chicken in romain noodles, but you are probably just missing about 4 tiny pieces of chicken. Put a brick inside your toilet 'chamber'. You will use a little lesser water each time you flush..Before you know it you will be ahead. Wanna be creative? Find yourself leaving lights on? Buy a motion sensor switch, the lights will turn on when you enter the room and will turn off (by a set amount of time) when you leave the room. I have one, they cost $15 at HomeDepot. Need new windshield wipers for your car? Who says you have to buy 2? You only need the new one on the drivers side, leave the old wiper on the passenger side. So remember you have to start thinking S-M-A-R-T! Yours truly seahorsehawrey.With the rising prices on everything from gas to cooking oil, what are some ways to save money?
One way I know about to save electricity is to actually unplug your appliances (not your fridge of course though!). Even when they're turned off, they will continue to use electricity as long as they are plugged in to the wall.





The rising costs of prices...or a side effect of inflation, is something you can also protect yourself against if your family has any type of stock portfolio by investing in gold, commodities, or TIPS (treasury inflation protected securities). The article linked in my sources does a good job of talking about ways you can protect your investing portfolio and savings from inflation.
Ya, tell me about it! Well, Google search 'money saving tips' and you will get lists of websites that give you more lists of how to save some money. A good one that I remembered is not to go shopping when you're hungry, since you're less likely to impulse buy. Also, try buying generic brands on some items, it's a lot cheaper. I could tell you a little more, but you should really research it and read it! There's some good stuff out there!


Well, good luck!
COUPONS! cut coupons, buy coupons on ebay, don't throw out coupons! Pack a lunch! Prepare it the night before and put a sticky note on the door that says ';don't forget lunch';.





Fill up your gas tank at night or early morning. When its HOTTER, believe it or not you get robbed because the gas is bubbling from hot air and you get less! TRUE I researched it.





Plan fun activities that DON'T involve driving like FAMILY BOARD GAME night and HOMEMADE PIZZA night.





Start to think before you drive, what else do I need when I'm out and know that it costs you (depending on car) about $1 every 5 miles you drive! (give or take a mile).





Good luck, my wife and I are expecting our third any week now (a girl finally) and I can't stop worrying about the $$$$
In this modernized world, the prices of everything may rise... It's very natural!... But atleast we should try our best to save %26amp; conserve our energy %26amp; natural resources.... Like saving our electricity bills, cooking less food e.t.c...And then we can save our money %26amp; expenses... If you want to get more advice from me then you can mail to my E-Mail address: chowdhuryi92@yahoo.com My name is Imran Ahmed Chowdhury...
From what I hear all my co-workers are talking about this new technology that will make our cars run on water?? I haven't bought it yet but I'm going to check it out first since that would save a GRIP...I will list the website below.
Improve your financial skills so you could make more money. That solution is working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment