Thursday, January 7, 2010

What can I use instead of cooking oil?

I'm making a fry up, and Ive ran out of cooking oil, what can I use instead?What can I use instead of cooking oil?
Butter but use a lower heat as butter burns much quicker AND expect it to be a very rich meal.


Try Ghee if you have some,fantastic flavour and can take high heat - will be super rich,though.





Alternately use a grill - I cannot live without my George Foreman one.Perfect results,healtier and sooooooooo much easier to prepare and clean up compared to a traditional 'fry up'.What can I use instead of cooking oil?
Grilled bacon, sausages etc; scrambled eggs in the microwave, or how about poached. At a push, I would fry potato scones maybe in some butter, or marge.
Bacon fat! If you fry the bacon and/or sausages first, you'll probably have enough fat to fry your eggs. Otherwise use butter. Water won't work.
Hi have you got any butter or margerine, this can be used as the same, or just grill everything instead of frying.
I don't know what a ';fry up'; is, but it sounds like it needs lots of oil. You can use cooking spray (like Pam) otherwise Crisco.
crisco solid


butter


canola oil?


virgin ollive oil?


grape oil?


lard?


bacon greese?
Castrol.
Butter.
use olive oil, the healthiest..=D
Olive oil


Butter


You could get oil spray
Lard, butter or margarine at a push lol:)
butter is best


if not you could try water
butter or a butter substitute if that is what u use to spread on yr bread

No comments:

Post a Comment