Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is an easy way to get rid of cooking oil?

My bf likes to fry food, but then we are left with the pot of oil which sits on the counter until he disposes of it. It drives me crazy, I don't have any coffee cans or any containers that I can think of that would contain the liquid from the sink to the garbage. Does anyone have any good ideas or tips so I don't have to look at the vegtable oil for a week at a time.





Thanks in advanceWhat is an easy way to get rid of cooking oil?
I have acouple options. I buy oil in gallon jugs from the wholesale store. So, I have a normal sized container I fill for everyday use. I keep the BIG container under the sink empty until I fry and then dump the used oil when it's cool into the empty container. An empty milk jug will work as well. You can just wait for the oil to cool and dump into the milk jug and throw away when full.





For bacon grease/dripping I have an old canister I use... When the grease becomes solid- I will freeze and toss outside in the woods for the deer, birds, etc.... Or I melt it in the micro and give it to the dog in her food. Her coat is nice and shiny.... What is an easy way to get rid of cooking oil?
I wash and save all plastic jars, like mayo or peanut butter just for that purpose, dump in the oil, screw on the lid and toss, no worry of lid coming loose and oil spilling.
Get the hot tap running fast and hot and tip down the drain. Now I know everybody is going to tell me off for this but putting it out for landfill is just as bad.
If you have a funnel, you can pour it into a milk jug.=)
You could put it in the fridge and then put blocks of it out for the birds.
  • passions soap opera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment