Thursday, January 7, 2010

How can I get a small cooking oil stain out of a garment without destroying it?

I had the same thing just the other day. I had to do it twice but it all came out. I used shout gel. Put it on and washed it. Wasn't quite all gone so did it again. Second time, did the trick!How can I get a small cooking oil stain out of a garment without destroying it?
try dish soap, like dawn or joy. they are made to remove cooking grease. rub it in and wash


whatever you do, don't run the garment through a dryer or it will be pretty much permanentHow can I get a small cooking oil stain out of a garment without destroying it?
i would try some ';409'; or maybe ';dawn'; put some on the stai9n and let it sit for a couple of hours or so . you dont say what kind of material it's made of? wash as usual. susyq47
Rub the area with some table salt and then wash it.


or rub it with a lime leave it for half an hour the wash it.





But the best method the remove oil stains is by rubbing the area with some baby powder/white floor (it absorbs the oil) then turn the back side of the cloth and put a tissue paper on it the iron the cloth to absorb the oil remainings. then wash it.
warm water and add some baking soda to the spot...scrub with a brush..let sit for 10 minutes...then throw in wash machine as normal...also u can use this spray stuff called shout
You can use dawn dish soap it has a degreaser in it or you can use woolite.Make sure you use mild to hot water when you are trying to gert the stain out
I use ZOUT. It is really hard to find but it works better than anything I have ever seen. Oxy-clean works well too.
If it's a new stain, put a bit of talcum powder on it to absorb as much of the stain as possible. Then use a stain remover (Shout, or one of those), and allow it to set for a few minutes. Then, depending on what color it is (I wouldn't suggest this on really light colors), use the hottest water the fabric will accept, and add a can of Coca Cola (it has to be actual Coke) to the wash. Believe it or not, my husband taught me this trick. He works on the oil field, and his laundry is covered in grease and oil all the time. The acid in the Coke eats through the oil and does a really good job. Good luck!
Shout, the stain remover in the spray bottle, is really good (I get cooking oil stains on me a lot).
I never could. I tossed those pants. But I'll read these answers and try something new next time.
All of the given answers sound like good advice, but you didn't mention what type of fabric the garment was made of. That one omission of fabric type would make or destroy your garment. So I really can't add anymore than what the others suggested.......Good Luck
You do not need anything fancy, just mix some baking soda with water and scrub a little
Rub some Goop(hand cleaner) and wash it off
how about goo gone? I used it to get an ink stain outta my carpet before..
you can try rubbing it with lemon.. always remember, when that happens again, immediately get some wet paper towels and press it as hard as you can on the stain.. this will be absorbing the stain.. you can just use a dryer dry it instead..
vinegar is great for removing oil stains %26amp; so is regular degreaser like gojo %26amp; the spray that comes in a black bottle I believe it is called 88 degreaser works well too.

No comments:

Post a Comment