Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I remove an cooking oil stain from a t-shirt?

I used Dawn dish soap to get my cooking oil stains out of my clothes.How do I remove an cooking oil stain from a t-shirt?
Put a pinch of cornstarch or baby powder with cornstarch on the spot. Rub it in. Wait as long as you can (10 minutes or a day). Dust it off and wash it as you would. You can skip the washing step if the t-shirt is on your body -- just keep dusting it. If the spot doesn't go away, repeat the process with the cornstarch. Cornstarch absorbs the oil out of the fabric.How do I remove an cooking oil stain from a t-shirt?
spray the stain with simple green or any other degreeser...simple green works best though...and wash as normal.
I also agree with using Dawn...and just letting it sit in for a bit. Another product that works really well is Greased Lightning...it's a household cleaner (degreaser) that I wouldn't be without and can also be used to pre-treat laundry.
Try putting Dawn dish soap on the spot, rubbing it in and then washing it.
Use Dawn dish washing liquid it breaks up any oil stain fast! Be sure to use cold water to make it really lather.
I have no idea but want to hear all they answers, because I'm a real messy cook and half my clothes are ruined.
I swear by Goo Gone. I haven't found anything that it won't remove from clothing. My son gets motor oil on his shirts and it takes it out like magic.
nothing will remove a saturated oil stain out of any material, made for clothes, if you cook alot, try a apron that drapes from your neck. are invest into some good dye, and tye dye them babies.
  • consolidate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment