Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do I get cooking oil out of my carpet?

I spilled my deep frier full of oil(about a half galon/veg. oil)all over the carpet,How can I get this soaked up and cleaned up???How do I get cooking oil out of my carpet?
Start by putting clean cat litter on it overnight. Then vacuum it up and use dawn soap on the spot for about ten minutes. By the time you get the dawn out it will have gotten most of the oil out. It may not match the rest of the carpet because it will be cleaner for a while.How do I get cooking oil out of my carpet?
The first thing you need to do is soak up the oil before it soaks underneath the carpet. If you have a wet/dry vac (this sucks up liquid along with dirt and debris), vacuum up the oil. Otherwise, place a couple of white paper towels or cloths on the stain and blot it out--DO NOT RUB!





Liquid detergent helps clean up oil and grease stains from carpet. Apply about a teaspoon or more of detergent and a cup of water onto the stain. Blot the stain out using the towels, apply more water to rinse it out, then blot again (or use the wet/dry vac to suck up the solution). Repeat this until the stain is gone.
Use Dawn dishwashing liquid ... it'll get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment