Thursday, January 7, 2010

Will cooking oil come out of my jeans?

I was cooking sausages in hot oil, and it splashed all over my new jeans.. will it come out? (sunflower oil)Will cooking oil come out of my jeans?
I would put something on them first... something to take care of that oil.





Dawn dish soap maybe, or some inexpensive shampoo....





Do not dry them until it's all out or it will set the stain.Will cooking oil come out of my jeans?
Try baby powder ,it absorb the oil .The soak it for an hour in TIDE,then wash.
use washing up liquid on the stain first before you put in the wash..
Pretreat with liquid Tide. Wash as usual.
No oil can come out of clothing useing a washing machine.If you put your jeans in the washing machine you have a risk of fire,death,explosen.
Try dabbing waterless handcleaner (Goop) on the fabric. Let it sit a few minutes and then wash in water as hot as the fabric can stand.





You might also try dish soap. Dish soap is designed to cut grease.





Both methods have worked for me.





Try a small area in a seam to make sure you don't fade the color.





Good luck!
Hi,i work on cars for a living and i get pretty and greasy and oily at times.I have a cheap way of taking oil and grease out of my clothes.Wash your stained clothes on a regular cycle with a can of coke,and no soap.Then wash the same clothes right after with just soap.





This what i do and it works extremely well,hope this helps.
Yep. Pretreat it with Tide before you wash.





You ever think about using an apron? Me neither, though I have tons of them. That's how I know about Tide!
Yeah let it soak in cold water with shout it out, no problem,
Try to absorb some of the oil with baby powder.





Then put some Clorox for colored clothes on the spot and wash as usual.





**note make sure it's clorox for colored clothes.
I work for a Road Department, so I get tar, oil, and grease on my clothes all the time. I use a product called Solv-All. It's an orange based product, so I imagine any of the citris based products will work. Spray some on the spot.....both sides....and let it set for about 20 minutes before you throw it in the wash. It won't fade the color of your jeans.





My wife has used the stuff to get out stains that nothing else would touch. it's great stuff.
I don't know where you live, but may be you'll be able to find it, the name of the product is ';Lestoil'; and is one of the best things to remove and to cut away to oil and greasy stuffs, perhaps is gently with clothing. You can apply it directly into the affected area. Do not use dish washing detergents, they may affect the fabrics and your clothing.
It should. For added strength, use some sort of commercial product to enhance cleaning. I have used the oxi clean from a spray bottle, and it cleans anything I have used it for. I split oil on my seude shoes. I sprayed with oxi clean and it worked. Cooking oil is a substance that will usually break down with cleaning agents, so your jeans should be okay. Good luck
  • consolidate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment