Thursday, January 7, 2010

How do you remove set in oil stains? I think the oil stains are from cooking oil.?

Make a paste of a liquid fabric softener, such as Dawn, and baking soda. Apply the pste to the stained area(s) and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Launder as usual.How do you remove set in oil stains? I think the oil stains are from cooking oil.?
If they are set, like you've already washed the item, you are out of luck. I've learned this the hard way trying just about every technique known to man on a favorite shirt. In the future, if you buy a shirt you really love, by another one just like it and store it for when you get an oil stain on the first one. That's the best advice I can give.How do you remove set in oil stains? I think the oil stains are from cooking oil.?
I have used a product called Greased Lightning on older set in oil stains on fabric and they came out. Just spray on, rub in, and wash.
In clothing??? I rub liquid tide in the spot and rub it good with a brush or my fingers then wash.. works great!!
Rub in liquid detergent and then put the stained part over a bowl and pour boiling water through it. Then wash in machine again, using as hot a program as you dare for the fabric. This has worked for me for quite old and stubborn grease marks.
Stains in what? Fabric? If so, the only thing I've found that works on set in stains is a toothbrush and dishwashing liquid.
ew what were you doing on those pans
  • consolidate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment