Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can a gasoline car be modified to run on vegetable or cooking oil?

Hi yahoo answers, I read that a diesel engine can run off of cooking oil (with a conversion kit). Can my gas engine run off of anything but gas? I am trying to be more green and save some green at the same time but I dont know if I can convert my gas engine to run on anything but gas...thanks for your help!Can a gasoline car be modified to run on vegetable or cooking oil?
No you can't modify your gas motor to run on vegetable oil, but what you can do is convert to ethanol but really ethanol isn't really the answer till they find something other than corn to make it from. what I would do if i was you is to convert your motor to run on LP(liquid propane) its a little cheaper than gas and a little bit greener than gas. It will pay off in the long run. Or you can trade in on a diesel vehicle, but anyway I hope I was of some helpCan a gasoline car be modified to run on vegetable or cooking oil?
Yea, it's a dieasel engine. You have to have clean or filtered oil add a filter the engine . Mythbusters did it.
It is near impossible to change a gasoline engine to a diesel.The heat in the diesel is much higher.
Not if the oil tycoons have anything to say about it and thay always seem to be the ones in power.hhhmmm.
I think if you re-did your whole entire engine it might work
No,you need a diesel.However I use wvo in my 2 cycle engines,smells good.
lol idont know but i saw Rob and Big do it.
yes
no

No comments:

Post a Comment